Considering that I departed from last year’s plans for this blog, it’s likely that I’ll change course multiple times this upcoming year.
Here are the themes that I am going to push this year:
- “The Great Tradition”
- Want to give myself a more thorough crash course and leave behind some bread crumbs that other people can follow.
- Suggestions welcome.
- Anglo-American history and literature, with an emphasis on the ‘Anglo.’
- More link bait:
- Slagging the reputation of the American university system
- Occasional linking to news stories for commentary
- More reviews of good books, less commentary on articles, other blog posts, and navel-gazing meta discussions.
- > 1 new book published. > 1 free book also published via KDP.
- New WordPress framework, new theme
- Mainly just need something with more easily editable CSS; already have access to a better framework and some premium themes.
- Planning on creating more permanent resources / topic pages, so the design will need to become less minimalistic.
- Need to invest in some site performance improvements (some I might be able to pay for with free-riding off of my other web projects)
- Better hosting (current total page load speeds are bad).
- More theme optimization.
- Get a CDN together for images; include more images in posts.
That’s about it. Thanks for reading — there should be a lot more coming this year.