Thursday is going to be the day during which I post all my book reviews from here on out. I should be able to put out at least one a week.
My review of a book by a reader like you will be going up tomorrow morning.
Given that some of you also buy/rent stuff from Amazon Instant Video, I have half a mind to do more film reviews, and specifically a series of posts about the Shakespeare history plays which have half-decent movies to go with them. I don’t really watch many movies, but there are plenty of classics that are probably worth watching, even if few of the new ones are watchable.
Even though I’ve only been advertising for less than a month, your purchases through my links are on track to pay for a hosting upgrade here along with some other improvements. The priority list goes:
- Hosting improvements (probably free tier AWS, mostly to learn AWS)
- A premium theme on a framework I already own (++ looks, ++ performance, ++ ease of customization)
- A CDN if AWS is insufficient — means more photos and paintings to illustrate posts along with better international performance (Hello Australia!)
- A Kraken subscription for me & the Hestia Society to compress images.
- Book cover art / e-typesetting / etc.
If you have books that you would like me to review, please contact me. I prefer .mobi or .epub files, although print and PDF are also acceptable.
I’m also looking for a classics collection to champion that isn’t full of Whig junk like this one.
Additionally, if you have any suggestions for books to review, I’d like to hear them.